The Post Graduate Diploma in Management in Banking, Insurance and Financial Service (PGDM – BIF) which started in 2008 is a two year full time program approved by All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE).
The program is designed to groom future managers who can successfully handle complex business issues. In the changing global scenario, innovation is a major driving force for achieving competitive advantage through creation of new business opportunities. To meet this challenge there is a huge requirement of trained banking and financial professionals in the country. The program aims to churn out skilled and talented Finance and Management professionals to fulfil the requirement of the corporate sector in general and Banking Insurance and Financial Services sector in particular. This rigorous training at IPE would enable them to be industry-ready.
- Dual Electives offered from the range of management areas – Finance, Marketing, Operations, Human Resource Management, Systems etc. Industry oriented curriculum. ERP training and SAP module.
- Certification in collaboration with NISM (National Institute of Securities Markets)
- Continuous student interaction with Industry Captains.
- Encouragement to students for participation in national B-schools events.
Program Educational Objectives
To impart knowledge on a wide range of concepts relating to management, banking, insurance and financial services.
To enhance capabilities for critical thinking, problem-solving and decision making through the dissemination of knowledge and relevant inputs.
To facilitate accelerated learning and an in-depth understanding of practices and ethics of management in general and Banking, Insurance & Financial Services in particular.
Have a thorough understanding of concepts relating to management, banking, insurance and financial service.
Attain technical knowledge and analytical skills in order to solve the critical problems and decision making.
Capable of performing banking operations.
Carryout project appraisal at banks and financial institutions.
Have better clarity on practices in the domains of Management and Banking, Insurance & Financial Services, with due focus on ethical aspects
|Term I||Term II||Term III|
|Term IV||Term V||Term VI|
The students have to select any one or two Elective Streams from the list mentioned below as per the norms of the course
1. Risk Management
2. Financial Analysis and Credit Management
3. Derivatives and Structured Finance
4. Financial Modelling
5. Financial Planning and Wealth Management
6. Security Analysis and Portfolio Mgmt
7. Tax Planning and Management
8. Corporate Restructuring, Mergers and Acquisitions
9. Entrepreneurial Finance
10. Strategic Financial Management
11. Strategic Cost Management
12. Financial Analytics
13. Foreign Exchange Arithmetic
14. Private Equity
15. Fixed Income Securities
16. Financial Econometrics
17. Mutual Funds
1. Product and Brand Management
2. Integrated Marketing Communications
3. Consumer Behaviour
4. Services Marketing
5. Customer Relationship Management
6. B2B Marketing
7. Strategic Marketing
8. Digital Marketing
9. Rural Marketing
10. Agri-Business Marketing
11. Sales and Distribution Management
12. Retail Management
13. Global Marketing Management
14. Social Marketing
15. Media Management
16. Marketing Analytics
1. Learning and Development
2. Contemporary HRM
3. Industrial Relations I
4. Industrial Relations II
5. Talent Management
6. Organization Development
7. Cross Cultural Management
8. Leadership and Change Management
9. Balanced Scorecard
10. Strategic Human Resource Management
11. HR Auditing
12. HR Analytics
1. Supply Chain Management
2. Management of Service Operations
3. Total Quality Management
4. Lean Management
5. Optimization Models for Industry
6. Operations Strategy
7. Strategic Sourcing
8. Warehouse Management
9. Technology and Innovations Management
10. Advanced Inventory Modelling
11. Operations Analytics
1. Cloud Computing for Business
2. Enterprise Resource Planning
3. Relational Database Management system
5. Data Mining and Business Intelligence
6. Data Modelling with R and Python
7. Data Visualising using Advanced Excel
8. Data Visualising using Tableau
9. Digital Governance
10. Cyber Security and Cyber Laws
11. IT Infrastructure
1. Industrial Economics
2. Public Finance
3. Urban Economics
4. Digital Economy
5. Natural Resource Management
6. Energy Economics
7. Environmental Economics
9. Contemporary Government Policies & Business
10. Monetary Economics
11. Economics of Infrastructure
12. Agricultural Economics
13. Mathematical Economics
14. International Economics
15. Green Economy
1. Creating a New Venture from Idea to launch
2. Entrepreneurial Finance
3. Creativity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
4. Digital Marketing for Startups and SMEs
5. Social Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation
6. Family Business Management
7. Corporate Entrepreneurship
8. Business Model for Sustainable Growth
9. Aligning Startups with their Market
10. Detailed Project Report (DPR)
1. R Studio for Data Science and Machine Learning (ver.1.2.1335)
2. Python for Data Science and Machine Learning (ver.3.7.3)
3. Data Visualising using Tableau
4. Web and Social Media Analytics
5. Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence using R Studio (ver.1.2.1335)
6. Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence using Advanced Python (ver.3.7.3)
7. Big Data Analytics
8. SQL for Data Science
The candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA. (45% in case of SC/ST candidates), from a UGC recognized university/deemed university recognized by the Ministry of HRD, GoI.
• Step-1 Candidates have to appear in any one of the admission test (CAT / XAT / MAT/ ATMA / CMAT / GMAT).
• Step-2 Register for IPE Admissions online.
• Step-3 Short listed candidates will be called for Group Discussions and Personal Interviews to be held at IPE Hyderabad and in major cities. Timely updates on the
same will be posted to all the applicants by Team Admissions
• IPE website provides updates time to time on Course, Hostel and Transport,and Fee details
Curriculum and Pedagogy
The program has the state-of-the-art curriculum in emerging finance areas such as Fintech, Financial Modelling, Financial Analytics, Risk Management & Derivatives, Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity etc. with the thrust on market orientation along with changing banking and financial sector reforms. The curriculum offered in this program is very robust and it includes Management of Banking, Insurance & Financial Services aspects and integrated with adequate field exposure component. To provide the practical experience in classrooms, the pedagogy includes case studies, simulations, team activities, workshops, guest lectures from industry captains, conferences & seminars and industrial visits.
Practical Application Learning:
- To learn the usage of Industry application databases such as CMIE Prowess,INDIASTAT, EPWRFITS, INFLIBNET, etc. to do market research.
- To enable technology mode of education, aids provided like Bloomberg terminal to aware business and Markets News, Financial Data, Market Analysis, along with latest and relevant videos.
- To learn technical and practical aspects of the courses, there is a Summer Internship Programme (SIP) for six weeks to attain the employability quotient under the guidance of both faculty & industry mentors.
- To cultivate research skills, there is a research project on Banking, Insurance and Financial Services in the last Term to enhance their ability to specialize on advanced topics of their own choice.
- To create industry and market awareness, National & International Visits (Europe & Asian countries) to provide an opportunity to understand the global practices in their field.
The program also offers experiential learning opportunity as a part of industry outreach program for the students and conducted national visits to experience capital market operations with real time insights. The companies and the institutions visited by the students are: Chermas, Stanza Apparels & Bailley Water, Namaste Telangana, NISM, National Stock Exchange, etc.
PROGRAM’S PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
By design, this program facilitates placement of candidates in banks, financial Institutions, insurance sector and other non-banking financial companies and financial departments of corporations. The faculty and students actively participate in placements in collaboration with the Placement Division.
Some of the companies that regularly recruit PGDM – BIF students include Tata Consultancy Services, Capital First, KPMG, Deloitte India, Axis Bank, Cognizant, SBI Life Insurance Co. Ltd., State Bank of Hyderabad, Bank of Baroda, Karur Vysya Bank, Axis Bank, Capital IQ, Crecer Financial Services, Franklin Templeton, IndusInd Bank, ING Vysya Bank, ICICI Securities Ltd., ICICI Securities, IIFL, etc.