- This event has passed.
The study has been funded by European Union Erasmus+ Capacity Building in the field of Higher Education. The major aim of the study is to build the concept of sustainable tourism at regional and national level in Austria, Spain, Italy, Nepal, Sri Lanka and India. The study is for a period of three years starting from 15-01- 2021. The study has been implemented through Center for Sustainable Development, IPE.
- Capacity building of experts on sustainable tourism and development through training programmes.
- To multiply knowledge gained within capacity building trainings during the internal multiplication trainings.
- Creation of Center for Excellence in Sustainable Tourism
- To technical development of CESTs in each of the 7 HEIs in India, Nepal and Sri Lanka to operate the centers and apply the learned knowledge – technical innovations at the HEIs
- Implementation and operation of the 7 CESTs with different foci depending on the regional tourism industry.
- To enhance the cooperation HEI-Company and students learning experience by developing innovative sustainable tourism case studied in cooperation with established tourism representatives to apply the innovative methods learned and prepare the students for innovative thinking and acting in “real life” contexts;
- To develop collaboration network among EU and Asian HEIs and all members of the target group on ST by joint publications and organizing the international conference on ST practices
- Applicant Organization
1) Universidad de Alicante, Spain
2) LiberaUniversita Di Kingue E Comunicazione, Italy
3) FH JoanneumGesellschaft MBH, Austria
- Partner Organizations
1) Birla Institute of Management and Technology, India
2) Institute of Public Enterprise, India
3) Nirma University, India
4) Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka
5) UvaWellassa University, Sri Lanka
6) Tribhuvan University, Nepal
7) Global College International, Nepal
IPE in the Project
IPE target group will be students, teachers, researchers &; administrative staff in HEI, tourism company representatives such as hotels or tour operators, public sector officers, NGOs &; other companies working in tourism related sector. Similar to NU, the upgrade of capacities &; know- how has been named as important drivers for change by academic staff &;students; however the need for modernized structures to apply ST schemes should not be neglected. Better education through highly-qualified staff not only benefits the direct recipients, but also the university itself. Indirect target groups such as student associations &; organizations working in the sphere of ST connected to the university should receive assistance in promoting better employability of graduates to the relevant industries. IPE would provide CBHE action support in order to strengthen the network, to become more equipped with ICT, furthermore, through the CBHE
funding, the IPE will be able to establish a local point for activities related to promotion of positive effects of ST locally, nationally and regionally.
IPE will implement the following work packages (WP) activities:
- Status-quo and GAP analysis for India and organization of a focus group (WP1)
- Participation at the 4 trainings and implementation of the regional multiplier events (WP2)
- Technical needs identification, purchase &; instalment (WP3)
- Implementation of the center of excellence for sustainable tourism in the university structure (WP4)
- Implementation of the student case challenge (WP5), participation at the international conference in Delhi and support with the academic publication
- Appointing one member for the quality and ethics as well as for the management board (WP6&;8)
- Contributing to the dissemination and quality plan given their expertise (WP6&;7)
- Dissemination of the project and its outcomes within their network (WP7)
- Following PM structure and doing technical and financial reporting (WP8)
The planned results will correspond to the results in all three PCs, as the activities will be implemented simultaneously in all three PCs. The following tangible results are expected to be achieved in all three PCs:
- Development of 3 country reports (one in India, one in Nepal and one in Sri Lanka) summarized in 1 status-quo analysis on sustainable tourism (ST) to identify current standards on (sustainable) tourism, identify GAPs on a country level (3 reports) summarized in one
Asian report in terms of knowledge and development and to give recommendations for improvement in India, Nepal and Sri Lanka from a EU perspective given the one produced good practice catalogue (9 EU examples)
- Increased nationwide knowledge on ST and ST development among the target groups and on different types of learning and teaching tools as well as methodologies (4 trainings with 84 participants, 14 regional multiplier events and at least 70 vocational trainings)
- Increased tangible technical capacities for operating the 7 centers of excellence for sustainable tourism and being identified as pioneers through the advanced technical instalment of the excellence centers (7 lists of equipment and technical implementation; 3 in
India, 2 in Nepal and 2 in Sri Lanka)
- Increase of initiatives/projects implemented on sustainable tourism at least 70 trainings, intensified cooperation between universities and businesses due to increased number of at least 70 vocational trainings and initiatives implemented together and increased
employability of HEIs graduates and the 7 student case challenge implemented
- Enhance university-business cooperation and improvement of university reputation in the industry due to 7 student case challenges implemented with at least 35 cases on sustainable tourism concepts to innovate the tourism industry of the future. Selection of 7 winning cases to be represented at the intern. CESTour conference
- Increased nationwide and international initiatives through cooperation and exchange of knowledge. Through the cooperation multiplier effects can be generated which leads to raised awareness among the different target groups and countries.
- 3 years 2 months (Approx.)
- Estimated Start Date: 15-01-2021 – Estimated End Date: 14-01-2024
- Prof. Ram Kumar Mishra (Project Leader)
- Prof.Ch Lakshmi Kumari (Project Coordinator)
- Prof.P.S. Janaki Krishna (Member)
- Dr. Maschender Goud (Member)