The Ph.D. programme of the Institute of Public Enterprise is one of the oldest and largest in the field of social sciences. IPE is recognized as a ‘Centre of Excellence’ for doctoral studies by the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The research wing of the Institute is complemented with a strong faculty contingent and a number of Ph.D. research scholars, sponsored by ICSSR and IPE, who work on various fields of management and social sciences as well as on identified thrust areas of research.
The Institute has produced 94 Ph.Ds, who now occupy eminent positions in reputed organizations and institutions across the nation and the world. [ Link for list of Ph.Ds produced]
The Institute’s Ph.D. programme has been supported by the following Universities:
- Osmania University
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University
- University of Hyderabad
- Utkal University
- Andhra University
- Sri Krishna Devaraya University
- Sri Venkateswara University
- University of Mysore
- Symbiosis International University
- Adikavi Nannaya University, Rajahmundry
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University
- University of Madras
- Bangalore University
- Padmavathi Mahila University
- Anna University
- Mata Vaishnodevi University
IPE NATIONAL RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS
IPE offers National Research Fellowships in Social Sciences each year in the following thrust areas :
- Reinventing Public Enterprise Management
- Public Private Partnership
- Environment and Climate Change
- Compensation Management
- Business Analytics
This program is designed to equip students and teachers for careers in education and research.
ELIGIBILITY FOR AWARD
- Candidates who hold a Master’s degree of a recognized university in any of the social science subjects having secured second class with minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade are eligible to apply; For SC/ST candidates a relaxation of five percent is admissible, i.e. having secured second class with minimum 50% marks or the equivalent grade;
- Candidates should not be more than 40 years of age (relaxation in age by 5 years permissible in case of SC/ST candidates) as on 1st March, 2020.
- The candidates must have confirmed Ph.D. registration on the date of Application for award of fellowship;
- Candidates must be registered for the Ph.D. programme in either a Department of a Public Funded University/ Institute or in an ICSSR funded/ recognized Research Institute, that is recognized for the conduct and award of the Ph.D. degree;
- Candidates who have earlier availed a full doctoral fellowship from any public agencies such as UGC, AICTE, ICSSR etc., shall not be eligible to apply; An Undertaking to the effect must be furnished by the scholar in the prescribed format contained in the Application Form;
- Defaulters of any previous grant from IPE under any scheme will not be eligible for consideration until the applicant obtains the clearance from the relevant administrative division of the IPE.
- No Fellowship can ordinarily be given to a student after five years of registration.
CONDITIONS OF THE GRANT
The annual grant of .3,90,000/-is allocated as follows:
- Fellowship Grant @ 30,000/-p.m. for 12 months :.3,60,000/-
- Contingency Grant @ .30, 000/-per annum
- Total Annual Fellowship Grant: . 3,90,000/-
The duration for National Research Fellowship shall be three years.
The sanction of the fellowship will be issued initially for a period of one year, effective from the date of joining of the scholar in the Fellowship. The renewal of the Fellowship for the subsequent years shall be subject to the receipt of satisfactory annual progress report and statement of accounts for the entire grant released.
RULES GOVERNING THE AWARD OF NATIONAL RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS
The Fellow shall report for duty at IPE, every day during the tenure of the Fellowship.
The Fellow shall not accept or hold any appointment, paid or otherwise, or receive any emoluments, salary, stipend, etc. from any other source during the tenure of the Fellowship.
The Fellow shall not, without the prior permission of the Institute, join any other regular course of study.
- In case a Fellow wishes to leave the fellowship before the end of the tenure, he/she shall obtain prior approval of the IPE. Application to the effect shall be submitted through the supervisor one month in advance of discontinuance of the fellowship indicating specific reasons for same;
- Any change in the topic of research should be done only after the approval of the Institute and the university concerned;
The Fellow shall submit quarterly reports on his/her work in the prescribed form duly forwarded by the supervisor.
The final output of every Research Fellow shall be a) Publication of atleast two research papers in reputed journals, and b) submission of thesis and award of the Degree of Ph.D.
Last date for submission of applications 10th March, 2020.
The candidate has to download the application form, fill it and send it to us by post.