As per the directives of the Supreme Court, and UGC the IPE has constituted a committee. The Committee has to conduct awareness programmes among the staff and students. The Committee aims to evolve a mechanism for the prevention and redressal of sexual harassment cases and other acts of gender based violence in the institution. The committee shall also ensure to :
- implementation of the policy in letter and spirit through proper reporting of the complaints and their follow-up procedures.
- provide an environment free of gender-based discrimination.
- ensure equal access of all facilities and participation in activities of the college
- create a secure physical and social environment which will deter acts of sexual harassment
- promote a social and psychological environment that will raise awareness about sexual harassment in its various forms.