The Ph.D. programme of the Institute of Public Enterprise is one of the oldest and largest in the field of social sciences. IPE is recognized as a ‘Centre of Excellence’ for doctoral studies by the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The research wing of the Institute is complemented with a strong faculty contingent and a number of Ph.D. research scholars, sponsored by ICSSR and IPE, who work on various fields of management and social sciences as well as on identified thrust areas of research.
The Institute has produced 94 Ph.Ds, who now occupy eminent positions in reputed organizations and institutions across the nation and the world.
IPE-ICSSR DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS
Doctoral Fellowships are awarded to selected scholars, who are registered for Ph.D. in UGC recognized Institutes of national importance, universities/ deemed universities, ICSSR research institutes and colleges having approved Ph.D. programme with requisite infrastructure as defined by MHRD/UGC etc., to pursue and complete their doctoral research in any social science discipline.
The broad disciplines of study within the domain of social sciences identified by ICSSR are:
- Social Work
- Social Anthropology
- Cultural Studies
- Socio-Sanskrit Studies
- Socio-Philosophical Studies
- Social Linguistics
- Gender Studies
- Health Studies
- Political Science
- International Studies
- Public Administration
- Diaspora Studies
- National Security and Strategic Studies
- Social Psychology
- Legal Studies
- Social Geography
- Environmental Studies
- Modern Social History
- Media Studies
- Library Science
ELIGIBILITY FOR AWARD
- The candidate must have a confirmed Ph.D. registration (Research Degree Committee (RDC) approved) at any of the institutions in UGC recognized Institutes of national importance, universities/ deemed universities, ICSSR research institutes and colleges having approved Ph.D. programme with requisite infrastructure as defined by MHRD/UGC as on 12-07.2020. It includes the requirements of clearance of Research Entrance Test (RET); The Ph.D. topic must have been confirmed.
- Minimum 45% marks in Graduation and 55% in Post-Graduation or equivalent grades in any social science disciplines. Five per cent (5%) relaxation of marks will be given to the SC/ST candidates. The submission of Marks Sheet, particularly of Graduation and Post-Graduation are mandatory otherwise the candidate shall be considered as Not Eligible.
- NET/SLET and M. Phil from a recognized university will carry weightage in the assessment of research proposal. NET/SLET qualification are not mandatory for eligibility purposes, however, the submission of the NET / SLET Certificate is mandatory to secure weightage in assessment.
- The scholar should not be more than 40 years of age as on 12.07.2020. There shall be an age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/Persons with benchmark disability;
- Candidates who have already availed UGC Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)/ Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF)/ Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF)/ ICSSR/ ICAR/ CSIR/ ICPR/ ICMR/ ICHR or any such doctoral fellowship are not eligible to apply.
DURATION & VALUE
- Doctoral Fellowship is a full time research work.
- The duration of the fellowship is strictly for two years or till the date of Ph.D. submission at the university, whichever is earlier.
- The value of the fellowship is Rs.20,000/- p.m. and contingency grant is Rs.20,000/- p.a.
CONDITIONS OF DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP
- The ICSSR will follow the ceiling imposed by the UGC on number of doctoral supervisions under a particular category of guide (Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor).
- The Fellow Fellows must stay and work full timeat IPE, every day during the tenure of the Fellowship.However, they may go on field work with the express approval of the Director but for rest of the period, they must continue to work at the Institute and follow their rules.
- The Fellow shall not accept or hold any appointment, paid or otherwise, or receive any emoluments, salary, stipend, etc. from any other source during the tenure of the Fellowship.
- The Fellow shall not, without the prior permission of the Institute, join any other regular course of study.
- In case a Fellow wishes to leave the fellowship before the end of the tenure, he/she shall obtain prior approval of the IPE/ICSSR. Application to the effect shall be submitted through the supervisor one month in advance of discontinuance of the fellowship indicating specific reasons for same;
- The tenure of fellowship is strictly for two years. Any extension can be granted under exceptional circumstances without any additional financial implications to ICSSR. The ICSSR reserves the right to determine exceptional circumstances.
- The contingency grant may be utilized for books, stationery, computer consumable costs and field work expenses related to the research work.
- The ICSSR reserves the first right to publish the Ph.D. thesis funded by it, provided the work is recommended for publication by the ICSSR expert(s).
- The scholar shall prominently acknowledge IPE and ICSSR’s support in all publications resulting from the research output of the fellowship and should submit a copy of the same to IPE and ICSSR during the fellowship and even after its completion.
- Defaulters of any previous ICSSR fellowship/project/grant will not be eligible for consideration until the applicant obtains the clearance from the concerned administrative division.
- A fellow is not entitled for same type of fellowship more than once.
- The selected fellows are expected to do full-time research in India. They could, however, undertake data collection outside India in exceptional cases, if warranted by the needs of the proposal. For this, they are required to apply separately for consideration under the Data Collection Scheme of the International Collaboration Division of ICSSR and the decision of the ICSSR in this regard will be final. ICSSR will not be bound to support data collection from abroad and in no way, the completion of study should be consequent upon that.
- The scholar should not have been subjected to any disciplinary / legal action / proceedings/ financial penalties in his/her research career.
- Books/periodicals/equipment purchased by the scholar out of the contingency grant should be deposited with the administering institution and a certificate to this effect be submitted along with the final report.
- ICSSR reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason. It is also not responsible for any postal delay/loss.
- Incomplete applications in any respect shall not be considered for fellowship.
- The final authority for the interpretation of the guidelines or any such issue is vested with the ICSSR.
- No queries will be entertained by the ICSSR secretariat until the final declaration of results which will be placed on ICSSR website.
- The Fellow shall submit six monthly reports on his/her work in the prescribed form duly forwarded by the supervisor.
- The final output of every Research Fellow shall be a) Publication of atleast two research papers in reputed journals, and b) submission of thesis and award of the Degree of Ph.D.
Last date for submission of applications 12th July, 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications should be received by email before the deadline mentioned.
- The candidate has to download the application form, fill it and submit the application form and annexures (both soft copy and hard copy).
- Filled in application form (pdf format) along with all the relevant annexures (pdf format) has to be mailed to email@example.com on or before 28th June, 2020.
- The hard copy is to be sent by post to
Institute of Public Enterprise
Osmania University Campus,
Hyderabad – 500 007.