PGDM - Retail & Marketing
|Dr. V Srikanth
Assistant Professor &
|Dr. M M Karuna
Assistant Professor &
PGDM-RM Joint Co-ordinator
|Eligibility||Selection Procedure||Application Form||Syllabus|
The Institute of Public Enterprise (IPE), being the premier Business School at Hyderabad started Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management (PGDMRM), is a two year full time programme comprising four semesters of study including the project work. The course is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Human Resources, Government of India.
- To facilitate accelerated learning in Marketing and Retail Management.
- To provide strong conceptual background, analytical skills and techniques for problem solving and decision making.
- To develop knowledge of contemporary Marketing and Retail Management issues at the strategic level.
- To provide trained post graduates to suit the requirements of Marketing and Retail industry.
- An integrated, multi-disciplinary programme with innovative teaching methods to enhance analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Captains from industry/business regularly invited to address the students, bridging the gap between classroom theory and shop floor practices.
- The focus is on comprehensively grasping the market environment and evolving business practices.
- Personality Development module to tap the full potential of students by improving self-management, business communication skills and leadership, while inculcating work ethics and a proper career attitude.
- Emphasis on “hands on experience” in the use of Computers for resource planning and management.
The Course Structure is designed to meet the marketing needs of the any business in general and the specific requirements of the retail industry, and is in conformity with the AICTE guidelines. The first year of the course is devoted to the basic courses, which deal with the important areas of business management, marketing and retail management, so as to provide the students with the opportunities to study and acquire the skills, which are essential to formulate and solve the problems of the industries. At the end of the first year, students undergo six to eight weeks of summer internship in reputed companies for industry exposure and to gain hands-on experience of working in a business organization.
The second year is devoted to the study of vital issues of strategy and implementation. The students will get an opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge in select areas of Marketing and Retail Management. They will also undertake a long term project for an intensive study of managerial issues in their areas of interest in reputed organizations. The course has 110 credits. Need based non-credit courses are also provided.
The candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of SC/ST/PC candidates), of any of the universities or declared to be deemed as a university or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Candidates appearing for the final-year degree examination (or equivalent examination) can also apply. The proof of acquiring the required qualification should be submitted within four weeks from the date of commencement of the course. Work experience or sponsorship by firms is desirable.
- Candidates have to appear the Admission Test (CAT/MAT/ATMA/XAT/CMAT/JMET).Obtain, fill in and submit the application form to IPE.
- Short-listed candidates will be called for Group Discussions and Personal Interviews to be held at IPE.
- Final selection will be based on the performance of the candidates in Admission Test, Group Discussions and Personal Interviews and consistent Academic record.
The application form of IPE can be obtained from the Admissions Officer, Institute of Public Enterprise, OU Campus, Hyderabad – 500 007 by payment in cash of Rs. 750/- (Rupees Seven Hundred and Fifty only) in person or through post by sending a crossed demand draft for Rs. 800/- (Rupees Eight Hundred only) drawn in favor of the "Institute of Public Enterprise" payable at Hyderabad.
Application form can also be downloaded from the Institutes website: www.ipeindia.org. Candidates downloading application form from the website need to submit the filled-in application form to IPE along with a DD for Rs.750/- (Rupees Seven hundred and Fifty only) drawn in favour of "Institute of Public Enterprise" payable at Hyderabad.
Last date for submission of application is 16 December 2013.
For further details contact:
Mr. Satyam N Kandula / Mr. T. Sudheer Kumar
Institute of Public Enterprise,
OU Campus, Hyderabad - 500 007
Phone: +91 - 40 - 2709 8937/8145 Ext: 111
Fax: +91 - 40 -2709 5478/5183
e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org