PGDM - Retail & Marketing
|Dr. M M Karuna
Assistant Professor &
|Dr. V Srikanth
Assistant Professor &
|Eligibility||Selection Procedure||Application Form||Syllabus|
The Institute of Public Enterprise (IPE), being the premier Business School at Hyderabad started Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management (PGDMRM), is a two year full time programme comprising four semesters of study including the project work. The course is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Human Resources, Government of India.
- To facilitate accelerated learning in Marketing and Retail Management.
- To provide strong conceptual background, analytical skills and techniques for problem solving and decision making.
- To develop knowledge of contemporary Marketing and Retail Management issues at the strategic level.
- To provide trained post graduates to suit the requirements of Marketing and Retail industry.
- An integrated, multi-disciplinary programme with innovative teaching methods to enhance analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Captains from industry/business regularly invited to address the students, bridging the gap between classroom theory and shop floor practices.
- The focus is on comprehensively grasping the market environment and evolving business practices.
- Personality Development module to tap the full potential of students by improving self-management, business communication skills and leadership, while inculcating work ethics and a proper career attitude.
- Emphasis on “hands on experience” in the use of Computers for resource planning and management.
The Course Structure is designed to meet the marketing needs of the any business in general and the specific requirements of the retail industry, and is in conformity with the AICTE guidelines. The first year of the course is devoted to the basic courses, which deal with the important areas of business management, marketing and retail management, so as to provide the students with the opportunities to study and acquire the skills, which are essential to formulate and solve the problems of the industries. At the end of the first year, students undergo six to eight weeks of summer internship in reputed companies for industry exposure and to gain hands-on experience of working in a business organization.
The second year is devoted to the study of vital issues of strategy and implementation. The students will get an opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge in select areas of Marketing and Retail Management. They will also undertake a long term project for an intensive study of managerial issues in their areas of interest in reputed organizations. The course has 110 credits. Need based non-credit courses are also provided.
The candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of SC/ST/PC candidates), of any of the universities or declared to be deemed as a university or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Candidates appearing for the final-year degree examination (or equivalent examination) can also apply. The proof of acquiring the required qualification should be submitted within four weeks from the date of commencement of the course. Work experience or sponsorship by firms is desirable.
- Candidates have to appear the Admission Test (CAT/MAT/ATMA/XAT/CMAT/JMET).Obtain, fill in and submit the application form to IPE.
- Short-listed candidates will be called for Group Discussions and Personal Interviews to be held at IPE.
- Final selection will be based on the performance of the candidates in Admission Test, Group Discussions and Personal Interviews and consistent Academic record.
Applicants of 2015-17 PGP's can follow any of the following and can submit the admission application
a. Over the Counter Sale of application
The application form along with the prospectus can be obtained by payment in cash of Rs. 1250/- (incl. processing fees) from any of the two offices of IPE
(Monday to Friday 9.30Am - 4.30Pm &
on Saturday, Sunday 9.30Am - 1.00 Pm)
(Monday to Friday 9.30Am - 4.30Pm)
b. Online Application
Applicants submitting online application need to net transfer Rs. 1250 to SBH Ac no: 52198267621; IFSC Code: SBHY0020071; and need furnish the details of UTR/ref transaciton ID in the payment details of Online form.
Online applicants will receive a mail confirmation acknowledging the application in two working days.
c. For offline application
Applicants can also mail to email@example.com for a scanned copy of printed application form and can send in the filled in form along with a DD of Rs. 1250/- drawn in favour of 'Institute of Public Enterprise' payable at Hyderabad.
Last date for submission of application is 31 January 2015.
For further details contact:
|Dr Sai Sailaja Bharatam
Asst. Professor & Head of Admissions
Mob: 94401 77803
|Mr. T Sudheer Kumar
Mob: 93919 32129
|Institute of Public Enterprise
Survey No-1266, Shamirpet(V & M)
Ranga Reddy District
Hyderabad, 500 101, India