|Mr. K V Ramesh
Assistant Professor &
|Courses||Syllabus||Fee Structure||Client Organizations|
The Institute of Public Enterprise (IPE) started the special MBA (P.E) part-time evening programme in 1981-82. The programme which is affiliated to the Osmania University and accorded recognition by A.I.C.T.E is tailored to meet the specific needs of practicing managers. It is the only course which is exclusively devoted to the public sector enterprises in the context of liberalization and continually seeks to improve the productivity and competitiveness of Indian Industry. Over 1,000 fast track public and private sector executives have undergone this unique MBA (P.E) course. Admissions are now open for the 30th Batch (2011-2014).
The broad objective of the M.B.A. (P.E.) is to develop managerial skills in practicing executives in both central and state government who have varied educational background and work experience in both Central and State Government, autonomous agencies, public sector enterprises, private sector, joint venture, co-operatives etc. The programme is specifically designed to enable the practicing executives:
- To develop a strategic view of organizations. Learn to analyze organization and changing environment.
- To develop leadership and decision making skills.
- To develop an understanding of the theoretical management concepts and the applications in practice.
The programme is spread over three years (six semesters). The first two semesters provide basic courses on general management, accounting, finance, economics and public enterprise context. The second year provides for a thorough grounding on the study of integrated approaches and latest concepts on contemporary management. The third and final year concentrates on the functional areas of management and candidates are offered electives as major and minor for intensive study in their field of interest. A Project Report in any area of management under the guidance of the Internal Faculty Member assigned to the student is carried out in the VIth semester.
The teaching methods includes lectures, group discussions, case analysis, role playing, communications, labs, seminars and workshop. Besides internal faculty, guest faculty drawn from industry supplements and complements a practical orientation.
- The candidate seeking admission must qualify in the ICET examination conducted by the appropriate authority in the year of admission as per the norms prescribed by the University.
- Must be a bachelor degree holder of Osmania University or a degree recognized by the University as equivalent thereto. In the case of SC and ST candidates, a pass in the qualifying examination is sufficient.
- Must have at least two years experience in Executive / Managerial / Administrative / Supervisory position in any organization after obtaining the bachelor degree. (OR)
- Officers / Executives / Engineers working with any Government / Quasi-Govt./Autonomous Bodies / local authorities with post-bachelor’s experience of 2 years. (OR)
- Officers of the Defence Forces / establishments holding Administrative, Executive post with not less than 2 years experience after obtaining bachelor degree.
Note: The working experience of two years should be completed as on the date of admission into M.B.A.(P.E.) Programme.
Award of Degree
A candidate shall be eligible for the award of the M.B.A degree only if he/she has satisfactorily undergone the prescribed course of study at IPE affiliated to the Osmania University, for a period of not less than three academic years, passed the examinations of all the six semesters and fulfilled such conditions as have been prescribed by Osmania University.
For further details contact:
Mr. K V Ramesh / Mr. R V L Narayana
|MBA (PE) Department,
Institute of Public Enterprise,
OU Campus, Hyderabad - 500 007
Phone: +91 - 40 - 2709 8937/8145 Ext: 111
Fax: +91 - 40 -2709 5478/5183
e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org