M Sc., PGDIPRs, M B A (PE), Ph.D.
Intellectual Property Rights, Biotechnology and Marketing Management.
Impact Assessment of Technology, Rural Development and Micro-enterprises.
Papers / Publications:
- Osmania University
- National Research Centre for Sorghum
- Directorate of Rice Research
- Medicinal Plants : Overview In Advances in Medicinal Plants (Ed. K J Reddy et al), University Press, Hyderabad. (2007).
- Tailoring production technology: Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt) for localized production, Tailoring Biotechnologies, Wageningen. 107 – 120. (2005).
- India International Retail Convention, 19-20, September 2007.
- Business meeting on Jatropha, December 2006.
Joint Supervisor, One Student
Achievements & Awards:
- Member, E-Agriculture Forum of FAO
- Modular Advisory Board Member for “Waste Management Initiative” at Byrraju Foundation, Hyderabad.
- Junior Research Fellowship of Indian Council of Agricultural Research from July 1986 to March 1989.
- Senior Research Fellowship of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research from April 1989 to October 1990.
- Research Associate of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research from September 1991 to August 1996.
- Identified new research areas in agriculture for biotechnological interventions and identification of projects and formed networks for implementation under Andhra Pradesh Netherlands biotechnology Programme implemented by the Institute.
- Facilitated the implementing agencies and user agencies in technology development and transfer.
- Managed the research activity in the Andhra Pradesh Netherlands Biotechnology Programme in the projects (23) relating to genetic engineering, tissue culture, production bio-pesticides, integrated pest-management and post harvest technology by closely monitoring.
- Some of the major breakthroughs in these projects are establishment of strong institutional linkages engaged in the research, production and extension activities of technology.
- Some of the major research outputs in these projects are isolating and characterization novel genes for disease/stress tolerance in groundnut and other crops that are deposited in GENBANK, USA and developing disease and insect pest resistance genotypes in sorghum and castor.
- Enabled large network of scientists, NGOs and farmers through the concept of network projects and capacity building in biotechnology by establishing of biotechnology laboratories at different institutions are other achievements.
- Involved in identification and preparation of patent applications for the innovations by the partner institutions.
- Published about 20 research articles, news reports in in-house newsletter “Biotechnology News”, proceedings etc, in the last ten years.