The Institute’s Library has a rich collection of 45,000 documents, which includes, books, pamphlets and bound journal volumes and it annually receives more than 160 journals-national and international. The library collection also includes the publications of the Controller and Auditor General (CAG), Government of India; the Annual Survey of Public Enterprises brought out by the Ministry of Industry, Government of India; and also the evaluation reports brought out by the different State Bureau of Public Enterprises.
The Computerized Library is the main resource centre of the Institute, providing a conducive environment for learning. It provides excellent facilities to the students, researchers and faculty for their research, training and consultancy activities. It also cater to the need of enterprise managers from all over the country, practitioners from the industry and policy-makers representing the Government.
Library VisionTo provide world class library to the knowledge seekers in the areas of management, economics and Public Sector enterprises.
The Library has a rich collection of Ph.D theses being submitted by the Research Scholars from different Universities of India including Osmania University, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, University of Hyderabad, Andhra University, SK University, Sri Venkateswara University, Utkal University. The abstracts of the thesis are displayed on the IPE Website.
The Institute’s library receives reports of World Bank, Asian Development Bank and International Labour Organisation and has so far received around 4,000 valuable publications. The library has rich collection of Occasional / working papers of Madras Institute of Development Studies (MIDS), ILO-ARTEP (International Labour Organisation-Asian Regional Team for Employment Promotion), Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), Indian Institute of Management (Ahmedabad, Bangalore).
The Library has an extensive collection of financial and administrative data on public enterprises. This includes annual reports of the enterprises sponsored by the Central Government, State Government, Cooperatives, Joint Ventures, Large Organized Corporate sector as well as Sectoral Ministries, Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha debates, etc..
The Institute Library works in close cooperation with the other Libraries sharing and exchanging Database is created for all the reading material on the package called Newgenlib which supports WebOPAC. This package is a user friendly. There will be a training class for all the users to use the databank on computer to search for required book, reports, articles either by author, title or by subject.
- Loan of Books
- Reference Service
- Document Delivery (Photocopying facility on payment basis)
- Current Awareness Service (CAS)
- Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI)
- Select Subject Bibliography on demand and in anticipation
- Inter Library Loan (only for Faculty and Staff of IPE)
- Institutional Membership : British Library (Access only through faculty or staff of IPE)
- E-Articles on demand and in anticipation
- E-mail Services
Online DatabaseLibrary subscribes to the following online databases :
- EBSCO Online Database Elite where more than 1100 journals can be accessed.
- India Business Insight Database (IBID) where Indian journals and Indian newspaper clippings may be accessed.
- PROWESS – CMIE, a highly normalized database of 8100 Indian companies including their financial statements, stock market information and product profiles. It is complemented with powerful analytical software tools to generate wide variety of reports for analysis and research.
- JSTOR – achieves of academic journals (more than 1000 journals are available in full text).
- Indiastat.com - Indian statistical information
- Emerald Extra Management – 200 international journals in full text
Audio Visual CentreThe Library has an Audio Visual Centre equipped with more than 400 audio-video cassettes, CDs and DVDs on management and Software Engineering.
UsersApart from the faculty and research scholars of the Institute, the Library is being widely used by students, university researchers, enterprise managers from all over the country and the policy / decision makers in the government.
Loan FacilitiesAll the faculty, supporting staff, students of PGDM, PGDM-RM, PGDM-BIF, MBA(PE) and Executive PGDM are eligible for borrowing the library books. The temporary members of the Library are not eligible for any loan facilities.
Operational FeaturesLibrary kept open from
- 08.00 to 21.00 hrs on all working days
- 10.00 to 15.00 hrs. on Sundays
- Library will be closed on all National and Public Holidays and for Festivals as per IPE Calendar.